Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Themes

Today has been all about love for me.  I've been living with it, acting on it, recalling it, dreaming of it, reading about it, pondering it, writing about it.  Heck, I even watched the 15th season opening episode of The Bachelor tonight, where people search for love on a prime time reality television show. 


I'm not certain if it is all about synchronicity, coincidence or something else but I have noticed this type of pattern that I come to refer to as themes going on in my life repeatedly in recent years. I've come across notes and stories of other people having experienced similar things and having their own theories and reasonings for them, though I do not claim to have any answer for the sudden appearance of the themes I recognize in my current life.  


One idea I have regarding what these themes may mean for me, is that they may suggest that I have been thinking on a topic, perhaps unconsciously, with such a frequency that it has now become this theme;  I have no way of knowing how true this might be because I am, by definition, unaware of my unconscious thoughts.  This idea feels pretty valid for me on a couple of levels and so it is one I will explore it as I observe it more over time.  


I did all of the daily readings that I'd intended to today and both Lessons 2 and 3 arrived today by email.  Morning pages flowed without effort.  Walked with Leslie Sansone video today.  Read quite a bit with Troy this evening after having played another session to determine tie-breaker from yesterday's game - he won!
I would have gone outside to watch shooting stars if I could find them, since apparently there is a meteor shower going on, however it is totally overcast and rainy here, leaving nothing for me to see.


Today I am grateful for candlelight and moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment